Thank you very much!
Maria asked me 11 questions. Here are they with my answers:
1. What is your favourite country?
2. What is your favourite character trait?
Considerateness. I mean, in others. Maybe, I appreciate it so high because my character often misses it.
3. What is your favourite book?
Péter Nádas: Évkönyv. It has not been translated into English yet, but here is a book in English that looks similar to it: http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Knowledge-Fiction-P%C3%A9ter-N%C3%A1das/dp/0312427514/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402323998&sr=8-1&keywords=p%C3%A9ter+n%C3%A1das+fire+and+knowledge
http://www.amazon.com/Oblomov-Penguin-Classics-Ivan-Goncharov/dp/0140449876/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402408945&sr=8-1&keywords=oblomov+goncharov (film version: http://www.amazon.com/Oblomov-Oleg-Tabakov/dp/B00019G4RS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402409065&sr=8-1&keywords=oblomov+goncharov+film)
The Forsyte Saga by Galsworthy
4. What subject in school was your favourite?
OMG, this was a really tough question for me because I coped with it for about 8 years long. At primary school, my favorite subject was grammar; I liked maths too, but only after I had to take part at a maths competition and had to solve 5-10 very hard problems every day for weeks. At secondary school, I preferred maths but also loved literature. It was a hard decision of whether I should choose maths or literature and linguistics.
5. What is the most exciting thing that has happened to you in the last week?
The DVD with the Brandenburg Concertos with Claudio Abbado and the Mozart Orchestra that I ordered some weeks ago arrived and I could watch and listen to it.
6. Who has been the biggest influence in your life?
My recent boss who was open-minded to the extent that he made it possible for me to study theoretical linguistics, become a PhD student, make a PhD and have a position in a research group without having a BA or MA in linguistics. (OK, I had an MA in philosophy and a MSc in maths.)
7. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Sometimes my face tells my opinion instead of hiding it.
8. Do you have a dream you’d like to share?
I almost often forget my dreams. But as for unfulfilled dreams, I’d like a greyhound.
9. Which would describe yourself, as a proud or humble person?
I’m both, it depends on the circumstances. 🙂
10. What is your biggest fear?
My own country. It will be a dictatorship soon.
11. Why do you like to blog?
I made wonderful friends 🙂
And here are Easy’s questions and my answers:
1. What was the weirdest thingy you ever ate?
I think only a few grubs in my cherry.
2. Have you ever slept in a Howl-tel?
Yes but I did not enjoyed it very much.
3. Do you have a favorite show in TV you could watch for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever?
I have favorite series such as In Treatment on HBO (there is a fantastic Hungarian version of it) and The Newsroom. I could watch an infinite number of seasons from them!
4. Have you met a celebrity once in pawson (except yourself in the mirror of course lol)?
I’m afraid not.
5. Have you ever found a treasure or a thingy what was precious?
Nope – at least, physically. But I’ve found a great many things that I precious for me such as books, pieces of music, people, doggies and kitties…
6. If you could change one (in numbers 1) thing of the world, what would it be?
The world could be a fair place.
7. Would you rather live in the boondocks or in a big city?
In the boondocks, I think.
8. What are you doing when you can’t sleep at night?
I listen to the radio at such a low volume that I cannot hear hardly anything from it 🙂
9. What’s your favorite song? The first one what comes in your head… now.
10. Have you seen a phenomenon once like a total lunar eclipse or a fata morgana with your own eyes?
I’m afraid I haven’t. But I’m open for such experiences 🙂
I’d like to nominate the following wonderful bloggies for this award:
Copy and paste the following questions to a post on your blog and then answer them. Then try to pick 11 other blogs to nominate (that have less than 300 followers)My questions to them:
1. What is your favorite piece of music?
2. Who is your favorite actor/actress?
3. Has your life ever been in danger?
4. What is your favorite plant?
5. If you were a pet, would you like to be a dog or a cat, or something else?
6. Which profession did you want to choose as a child?
7. What do you do if you are out of temper?
8. How does the house/flat of your dreams look like?
9. What would you choose: to be a renowned scientist or to be a famous artist? Why?
10. Have you ever tried some arts (literature, music, acting, fine arts, etc.)?
11. What is your favorite sport?